Rss Feed
  1. I tried a stimulating activity today that I definitely look forward to doing more in the future. Honestly I always thought the nordic walkers I saw around the L.L. Bean campus looked kind of silly and wondered from time to time just what type of fitness benefit could come from what looked like simply walking with ski poles. It's more than that though. Granted I was working with poles slightly too short for me but could see the benefits.

    Of course any extra movement will burn extra calories. But you're also applying pressure to the poles to gently push off against the ground in order to work the biceps and triceps in a way that is unobtrusive but has cumulative effects. I loved it. The nordic walking group at my workplace meets every Monday and Thursday so I look forward to continuing this activity as it's beneficial from both the cardio standpoint as well as strength training.

    That served as a good starting point for me today in the fitness room. Supplementing with nordic walking also gave me a chance to change up my cardio routine in the gym so I jumped at that opportunity. Here's today's schedule.

    2o mins Nordic Walking
    30 mins ACR/Elliptical, weight loss program level 3, 125 strides per min.

    15 reps/65 lbs Row/Delts
    15 reps/40 lbs Chest press
    15 reps/95 lbs Lat Pull Down
    15 reps/10 lbs Bicep Curl/Shoulder Press
    15 reps Squats
    15 reps/65 lbs Row/Delts
    15 reps/40 lbs Chest press
    15 reps/95 lbs Lat Pull Down
    15 reps/10 lbs Bicep Curl/Shoulder Press
    15 reps Squats

    For more on nordic walking visit nordicwalkingus.com. Animation from nordicwalkingdorset.co.uk.

  2. 0 comments: