Rss Feed
  1. There are 6 geocaches within the boundaries of Bradbury Mountain State Park in Pownal, Maine. Today I found all of them, and got a nice hike in while doing so. Total distance 3.11 miles doing 2.9 mph.

    Today's caches are as follows, in the order found.
    GCN3DQ - MidKnight
    GC18M5J - Bradbury gas saver
    GCKPDJ - Bradbury East
    GC191NX - Bradbury Walk
    GC6917 - Bradbury
    GCMKE1 - Bradbury Steps

    Approaching the sites in this order took me around Boundary Trail, which as you can imagine, runs along the perimeter of the park. The terrain is appropriate for an intermediate hiker and got my heart rate going at a good clip. This is also a beautiful park, and taking that outer loop allowed me to appreciate it in peace and quiet as I was the only one on Boundary Trail at the time.

    I finished the trek by heading up to the summit. Albeit a small mountain, I can say that I climbed it. It's quite the sense of accomplishment and just what I needed right about now. Being able to do so says to me that I've actually started conditioning my body, and that I'm on the right path (no pun intended). I'm not sure I would have been able to do this a month ago. It's a good feeling. Feels like headway.

    Update 6/11 : Shucks! Just found out another cache was published for the Bradbury area today.
    Not that I needed an excuse but a great reason to go back for more.

  2. 0 comments: