Rss Feed
  1. A New Toy

    Jun 17, 2008

    I wanted to make this post yesterday but was having many connection issues. Yesterday was Monday so of course it was back on the horse in the fitness room. I felt a little bad having skipped Friday but Sunday's weigh in kinda made up for that. I was pretty anxious to get back in there. I had to try out my new toy!

    My wife saw fit to give me a treat because of all my hard work at home and on the trail, also as a father, so for Father's Day I got to pick myself out a fitness watch. I am very pleased to now have a New Balance N5Max watch to monitor my heart rate in the gym or out caching. It has way too many features to mention here but having used it for a few days now I can absolutely say that I love it.

    So now when I post information from cache outings or the gym I can give a little bit more detailed information on how my workout went, including calories burned in that session, average and maximum heart rates, percentage of calories burned from fats, and amount of time spent above, below, or within a preset heart rate zone.

    Monday for example I burned 1000 kcals even, burning 50% of those calories in fats. Averaged 136 bpm and maxed 162. I started with a pretty wide target zone in order to try to learn the unit. I will soon have to narrow it down but for now it's 95-155 bpm. Within those parameters I spent 5 mins 10 sec below, 1 hour 30 mins in the zone, and 21 mins 32 sec above the zone.

    20 mins. Nordic Walking
    28 mins. Cycle, weight loss program level 5, 60 strides per min.
    15 reps/65 lbs Row/Delts
    15 reps/40 lbs Chest press
    15 reps/95 lbs Lat Pull Down
    15 reps/10 lbs Bicep Curl/Shoulder Press
    15 reps Squats
    15 reps/65 lbs Row/Delts
    15 reps/40 lbs Chest press
    15 reps/95 lbs Lat Pull Down
    15 reps/10 lbs Bicep Curl/Shoulder Press
    15 reps Squats
    30 mins. ACR/Elliptical, weight loss program level 5, 115 strides per min.

  2. 1 comments:

    1. Chaim said...

      From my experience Nordic Walking is the most efficient way to lose weight .
      I lost about 7 pounds in 2 months
      Just by using the 2 poles .( not realy nordic walking poles.