Rss Feed
  1. Only hit one cache today but made it worth it. This is about a 3.5 mile loop around Portland's Back Cove. I was accompanied by my wife and two toddlers in a double stroller. The kids both slept the whole way and the stroller brought something to the workout as well.

    I'm learning some of the features of my GPSr and am finding the trip counter helpful for fitness purposes. Actual distance traveled on our walk as recorded by my unit was 3.82 miles averaging 3.4 mph while moving.

    This was a multi-stage cache with 10 different waypoints involved so the biggest challenge was not pausing too long when looking for the next clue. Thankfully the cache owner gave thorough clues and straightforward coordinates to the next stage at every point. Great cache for families or if you're looking for a stimulating stroll on your own.

  2. 0 comments: