Rss Feed
  1. Today was just so brutally muggy that I had to go and get some new shorts for my gym time. I found it freeing in that my range of motion was no longer hindered by bulky, baggy clothes. I could actually move faster (go figure) and push myself harder and it seems ultimately burn more calories. I should listen to my trainer Eric more often. I said "I like to sweat. I know I'm working hard if I'm soaking my sweatshirt." Trust me, I still sweat today.

    Today was also the end of this particular set of exercises. I mentioned in my last post that I had been feeling a little stale with the stuff that I have been doing in the gym, and lack of variation could lead to lack of interest and ultimate defeat. I won't let that happen. So next week I will be working in some new strength training aspects and continuing to push to higher levels with the cardio. The new plan includes more emphasis on interval training, focus on core strength, and utilization of a workout ball. I'm excited to embark on this new part of the mission.

    Stats today were little screwed. It's turning out that the lovely watch I got isn't quite the perfect unit I once thought it was. I love the unit and it's features, but perhaps I got a single bunk watch. We'll see. Maybe I'll trade it in. Average heart rate as dictated by crummy watch was 141 bpm and maximum was 168 bpm. Here's the glitchy part. During my ARC Trainer session I recorded 900 kcals burned on the machine itself while my personal heart rate monitor gave me 864 cals burned for the ENTIRE workout of ARC, strength training, and bike. The personal HRM would tend to be more accurate than the generalized info from the elliptical if working correctly. Which do I trust? Think it's time to get a new one?

    40 mins. ARC Trainer/Elliptical, weight loss program level 7, 120 strides per min.
    15 reps/75 lbs Row/Delts
    15 reps/50 lbs Chest press
    15 reps/100 lbs Lat Pull Down
    15 reps/12 lbs Bicep Curl/Shoulder Press
    15 reps Squats
    15 reps/75 lbs Row/Delts
    15 reps/50 lbs Chest press
    15 reps/100 lbs Lat Pull Down
    15 reps/12 lbs Bicep Curl/Shoulder Press
    15 reps Squats
    28 mins. Cycle, weight loss program level 6, 60 strides per min.

  2. 0 comments: