Rss Feed
  1. Test Drive

    Jul 26, 2008

    Today was a new day. I rose with the sun and found a new perspective. I found out that running isn't supposed to be painful, but rewarding. I thought I would have to break my new shoes in but found they were comfortable and forgiving right out of the box. In looking up consumer reviews I found that many other buyers said the same thing. I think I made the right decision now. Thanks to the knowledgeable staff at Peak Performance I no longer have pain when exercising. I feel great.

    I'm preparing for my first 5k, also suggested to me by Peak employees. It's the 10th Annual Dan Cardillo Memorial 5k in tribute to an active young man who didn't get to prove his full potential due to a tragic accident doing what he loved. So this morning I decided to try to see if I could do 5k at home. The track I've been using is the same from previous post Retro-ACTIVE. I've accurately nailed down the distance to .45 miles using my GPSr. Today I did 8 laps totaling to 3.6 miles. This took me just over 40 minutes. This is not an especially great time and the recording is not at all accurate to the point I need it to be, but it's a start. I at least proved to myself I could run for 3+ straight miles, no stopping.

    Average heart rate : 155 bpm Maximum heart rate : 169
    Percentage of cals burned from fat : 35% Kcals burned : 474

  2. 0 comments: