Rss Feed
  1. Retro-ACTIVE

    Jul 15, 2008

    Get it? That's solid gold right there. Anyway, I've been really busy lately watching my kids evenings while my wife is at work, so posts haven't been as timely as I would have liked. This post is in regard to July 14th's workout.

    Again I wasn't really in the mood to go into the gym today. I'm glad there are other options where I can get some cardio in. So I stopped off at a department store and picked up a basketball. I haven't played for probably 15 years but thought I could get some sweat in running around a court. It didn't really matter if I was any good after all these years, so long as I was getting my heart rate going. Plus I found I wasn't that bad, even after all these years.

    Basketball was preceded by 5 laps around the pond at the campground my family has been staying at. This was really refreshing. I haven't been able to nail down a really accurate distance, but it's approximately a 4/10 mile loop, and the total distance was almost 2 miles.

    Unfortunately this will be my last jog for a little while. I've managed to put a real good strain on my foot resulting in some inflammation in my heel. I've barely made it out of bed the last couple days. Time to take it easy. You gotta walk before you can run. Literally. I'll get back to it soon after I get some real shoes and lose a few more pounds. I think I could really love running in the long term, so I'm not about to ditch it completely over a few aches.

    Average heart rate for this workout was 153 bpm with a highly inaccurate 204 bpm recorded as a maximum. I burned 720 kcals in about an hour, 40% of which were from fat.

  2. 0 comments: