Rss Feed
  1. Time Constraints 2

    Aug 7, 2008

    Due to a constantly tightening schedule, I was under a bit of a time crunch today. I've been having to get creative. My session was broken up today and it's a schedule I feel like I could get used to with a little time. I did a half hour on the treadmill during my lunch break. In preparing for my race I'm hitting the treadmill a little more often. I've even found that my speed is increasing, and that I'm now able to handle 5 mph +. During my lunch session I averaged a heart rate of 141 bpm and maxed at 171 bpm. 50% of the 273 kcals burned during this period were from fat.

    After work I also managed to cram in another half hour on the elliptical. This was kinda hard to bring myself to do, as it was the end of the day and I was feeling a tad run over. Once I got into it though I felt much better. I ended up pushing harder than I have been lately on this machine, and am really satisfied having pushed myself in for a second session today. Average heart rate for the second go 'round was 145bpm and my maximum was 156 bpm. 292 cals were burned in the second session of the day, 45% of which were fat cals.

    So that brings my calories burned for the combined sessions to 565. Going into the day I wasn't even sure how to get any time in today, but thankfully I found out that with a little creativity it is possible, and some activity is absolutely better than none at all.

  2. 0 comments: