Rss Feed
  1. Ever Improving

    Aug 31, 2008

    It's crunch time. With only two weeks to go until my race it's time to start running more frequently. My helpful fitness advisor suggested at least 2 times a week. I'll go with that for now but I'm actually thinking more like 3. So with that in mind I went out today to greet the sun at the Back Cove. You know the place. It's a revisit and I'm sure it's going to become a staple if I'm not considering it as such already.

    I like this place because there are distinct mile markers, something I don't have when running the streets of Old Orchard. This of course makes it easier to record splits, something I'm just getting into tracking at this time. And now for the really great news! I'm improving upon my time. I suppose that was bound to happen, but as someone who has never run for anything in their life, it comes as a little bit of a surprise. Today's time was 36'00"75. That's almost a minute and a half faster than my previous attempt which was done on a course that is not as hilly as this one. I'm really rather proud of myself. It was just what I needed after a week of feeling disconnected and sh**ty.

    Day one down of the new plan, a distinct workout commitment for every day of the week. Tomorrow it's caching and some circuit training. Also of note, look for me on LiveStrong.com as I've just starting using The Daily Plate there and also some of the other features and groups. I think it's really going to do the trick for calorie tracking to point out the nutritional improvements I could make to optimize my efforts. Oh yeah, and I'll have to post my weigh in later today (possibly tomorrow). It's a whopper. That's all I can say at this point. The suspense is killing you ain't it?

  2. 0 comments: