Rss Feed

  1. I've come to the end of the most productive year of my life thus far. I feel fantastic. I got married in May, and what was that other thing? Oh yeah! I lost about 75 pounds. Both events have shown me that I have far more dedication than I ever knew. 2008 was the year I finally learned to love myself, and in turn, allow myself to be loved. I've learned much about myself. I've grown while I've shrunk.

    So where does that leave me going forward? My resolve has so far proven fairly strong, but like everyone else I'm thinking about my shortcomings in the last few days and looking ahead at how to change those issues. My resolutions for 2009 are as follows:


    Give more time to my grandmother. - That's an important one.

    Run a 10K - I plan to get a few more 5Ks under my belt this year and tackle at least one 10K. Probably mid-year.


    Quit smoking - I've mentioned this here before, and it's probably the demon I tangle with the most. I've not given up though.


    Post to the blog more frequently - 'Nuff said.


    Continued weight loss - April 12th is the projected date for me to have lost 100 pounds total. Projecting out a little further, June 14th is a 115 pound goal. This depends to some degree on if 2 pounds per week continues to be an attainable goal. These goals may have to be tweaked as time goes on.

    New Year's resolutions are a dime a dozen, and so few who resolve actually follow through. I think I've formed a solid enough base so far that these goals going forward are completely attainable. I've shown resolve in 2008 and I've got no one to prove anything to but myself. I've kinda become a pretty harsh critic of myself though, and I DO feel as though I still have something to prove to ME. Here's to '09.

  2. 1 comments:

    1. Drusy said...

      Hey Jereme - Have a fantastic new year! You've got the track record that proves that your goals are achievable. And you remind me that I need to make sure that I make time for my Mom. One of those urgent vs important balances - push back all that urgent stuff that really doesn't matter. All the best!