Rss Feed
  1. Gym 3.1

    Jan 10, 2009

    It's been a super long time since I've posted something from the fitness room. Actually today is a bit of a jumble of a lot of information since I haven't posted for a bit and wanted to catch up a little. I've had a lot of things on my mind lately regarding running, resolutions, and the online community.

    First lemme say, I'm quite proud of myself today. I managed to do my quickest 5K today and while it was on the treadmill rather than the road, I'm happy I finally broke 30 minutes with 29:49. It's not as much of an effort to rock those faster paces now. In addition I also hit the cross trainer for 40 minutes. Coincidentally that distance was also 3.1 miles, hence the hokey title of this post. I needed to get something in today. I've been feeling very lazy lately since I can't get outside. I COULD get outside but am a little weary of it since SteveRunner's recent mishap on icy roads, which are the same icy New England roads I run on. I'm sticking to the treadmill a little more. I just couldn't face 7 miles on that dreaded machine today so I decided to make it a fast cardio burn instead w/ a tempo run. That worked out great I think. Consider it a 'last chance workout' a la Biggest Loser. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. Here's today's workout:

    29:49 5K on Treadmill, 0% incline
    40 minutes Cross Trainer, Cross Training setting #2, Resistance 12, 120 strides per minute

    Average heart rate : 147 bpm Maximum heart rate : 178 Percentage of cals burned from fat : 45% Kcals burned : 750

    A little on the running community. You're aware that I'm on Twitter, Facebook, and Map My Run, but I found a couple other social networking and media pages to waste my time on. I've signed up for Buckeye Outdoors, a training site that I'm now logging my workouts on. The page also features training plans for every need. I am thinking about possibly doing a half marathon this fall and plan on utilizing Buckeye to plan my attack. The other is the Running Blogs Superfeed, a feed aggregator put forth by Nigel of Running From the Reaper to which I've submitted this blog for inclusion. Please visit both sites to show your support.

    Good luck to all those running the Walt Disney World Marathon tomorrow. I'll be following Gordon of Running to Disney via tweets, but wish all the best to everyone else participating. Well wishes are reciprocal you know, and I hope some of you runners will be thinking of me and my weigh-in tomorrow with your fingers crossed. See you all then.

  2. 0 comments: