Rss Feed
  1. Week 34

    Jan 20, 2009

    Am writing this one a little late. Also didn't include a picture. I'm such a slacker. Actually that slacker feel has permeated my whole mentality as of late. I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I've come to a few of these so far in the journey. There have been days that I've just wanted to give up. Thankfully I've learned that those obstacles can be overcome. It's just a little hard to put down that feeling in the moment.

    I think a lot of it has to do with the current lack of variety in my routine. I've been limited by the weather slightly in that it's more difficult to run in the snow, especially since the snow has been so frequent lately, and the treadmill and elliptical provide so little inspiration. Getting into the gym is a chore. I really wish I could hit the trails again. It's indeed possible to continue hiking in the winter with the right gear, but that's gear I don't got. I want desperately to try snowshoeing and x-country skiing, but again, funds run a little dry to be spending on sporting goods right now.

    So is this an impasse? Do I ditch the whole effort? Of course the answer is no. It's also inappropriate for me to berate myself for stalling this week when I've come so far. I call on you the community to help me light a fire under my ass. You've been so supportive thus far and your cheers have often kept me going. Creative ideas on how to keep active during the winter also welcome. Thanks all.


    Starting weight : 315 lbs. Last week : 235 lbs. This week : 235 lbs. Since previous weigh in : 0 lbs. Total weight loss : 80 lbs.

  2. 0 comments: