Rss Feed
  1. Week 45

    Apr 6, 2009

    Many, many apologies for not having posted much recently. I was wrapped up in what was to be the greatest family trip I've ever taken. More explanation on that in a post to come tomorrow. But briefly, my wife and I took the kids to Boston. Very exciting family togetherness time. Also a really exciting time for me personally as I know the place is runner central. I'll tell you a little about the routes I took and the sights I saw, including a random mass pillow fight, later.

    Many of you have probably also struggled with trying to maintain a weight loss plan while on vacation. This trip was hard for me. Great food was nearby at Local Sea Foods. Sam Adams tastes great at the source too btw. So you could say I slipped a little. Thankfully as I had accomplished my birthday goal 2 weeks early, there was a little bit of room for error. An 8 mile run, my longest to date, Saturday morning also helped keep me on track. Unfortunately my efforts couldn't save me from a 1 pound gain.

    So at this time I'm back up to 215 even. So long as I keep it there for another week I'll be happy. After my birthday it's time to tackle another goal. I'm 3 for 3 so far. I've projected the next one into July. The 26th to be exact. This is to be my final weight target. From there I should only have to do maintenance. I never thought I would get to this point but I've put some research into my recommended healthy weight for my height and build. That number is 190. I'm confident that I can achieve that. I've nailed every other goal I set before myself. I'll personally testify to the fact that setting goals and holding yourself accountable for them is possibly the strongest tool you can have in your weight loss effort as well.

    Starting weight : 315 lbs. Last week : 213.8 lbs. This week : 215 lbs. Since previous weigh in : +1.2 lbs. Total weight loss : 100 lbs

  2. 0 comments: