Rss Feed
  1. Week 49

    May 6, 2009


    It sure has been a while. As I get closer to my goal I find my journaling is falling off. Unfortunately so is my motivation. I'm beginning to wonder if there is any correlation between the two. I've moved back out to camp, as I did last summer when I started this blog. Hopefully that will give me a little bit more time to put my thoughts down. I'll be more free from the car horns and neon distractions of downtown Old Orchard. I look forward to getting more involved again in the online community that has brought me so far.

    Not the greatest news to report this week. I didn't post week 48's numbers but they were good. For the week of April 19-25 I posted a loss of 1.8 pounds. I promptly squandered that the following week. Not that all was lost. There were a few noteworthy accomplishments that did not pertain to the number on the scale. Body fat percentage is going to become a new part of my weekly report as I fine tune my weight. This week was I registered at 19.4%. That's a whopping difference from my 34.3% starting point. Huge! 15% loss of body fat HUGE! So I'm not really going to get too hung up about weight at this point. I'm going for overall health after all, not some magic number on the scale.

    The other major accomplishment would be the advancement of my running. I'm becoming more comfortable with pacing, my heart rate has continued to come down, and I'm putting in longer distances. Last week I did a total of 36 miles. It's possible that this is a completely foolish course of action though, as it took me 2 or 3 days to feel recovered from my most recent run, an eleven miler on Saturday. The 405 has helped immensely as I'm now tracking my progress with the software provided by Garmin as well as Sport Tracks. I'm more passionate now than ever about running and thankfully all is going well and I'm still injury free.

    So even though I have to post a gain for this week, I'm not going to feel too bad about it. The weight itself is only part of the picture. That will come in time. The most important this is that my health continues to improve.



    Starting Weight : 315 lbs. Last week : 206.6 lbs. This week : 208.8 lbs. Since previous weigh in : +2.2 lbs. Total weight loss : 106.2 lbs

  2. 2 comments:

    1. Ron said...

      Love your attitude man, because being positive is half the battle! Congrats on the 11 miler ;)

    2. "Onesville" said...

      It's no matter about gaining the weight back. Maintenance is the key. On the way up to your top weight you probably lost a few pounds from week to week, so the long term loss of weight is what really counts.

      Your body and heart must love you, you made their jobs so much easier dropping 100 pounds of useless fat.

      As far as the Blog helping you keep up the program, I know mine is helping me. It keeps me accountable to the only person who can make a difference in my body and health, and that is myself.

      Thanks for the inspiration, to do the weightloss blog as well. It is helping very much. Because I am a writer at heart, it keeps me very conscious about the goal. Healthy living through getting to a proper body weight for me.

      I know it seems corny, but the cup I had custom made that I use every morning is very helpful. It makes me start each day with my coffee, and reminds me of my goal. It's hard to forget it, when the message is staring you in the face for 10 minutes at breakfast.

      That cup was the best 20 bucks I have ever invested toward weight loss.

      Very Best,

      "Onesville"
      http://onesville.blogspot.com/

      to see the cup.
      http://onesville.blogspot.com/search/label/cup